CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Time to sit back & relax :)

SCHOOOOOOLSSS OUT FOR SUUUMMER!!

Sorry, had to channel my inner Alice Cooper. As of 1 week ago, I am done with school until August. It feels amazing to not have to rush home to do homework, to not have to spend hours staring at my notes trying to make sense of scribbles and doodles, last minute cramming for a test or quiz, and not getting annoyed with every little thing. I finished with a 3.5 GPA, not what I was wanting, but I'll take it.  Shane & I are going to be able to spend so much more time together, I will be able to get some things done around the house: like the many DYI projects I have brewing in my head, yard projects, organization projects, & starting my half-marathon training.

Yup, that's right I finally have the guts to run a half marathon.....I think. My friend Joanna just ran her first half & it's really inspired me to actually do it. I've researched a couple of running plans and read a couple magazines and books for some tips. I just need to actually finish what I start.

With the new inspiration to run a half marathon comes a new "life-style change" in the food Shane & I eat. I refuse to call this a "diet" because diets fail and come & go. This new change is here to stay. We want to be able to say to our kids: "Mommy & daddy ate their veggies, now you can too."

 My birthday was last month & it was awesome. The girls I work with made sure it was a good one. They got me a $50 Victoria's Secret gift card & goodies from Bath & Body Works. We also went out to eat at a local Mexican place, then hit a local whole-in-the-wall bar. It was a blast. So much fun to go out with the girls :))

My presents :)

  
Out With My Girls :)


Today is dubbed "De-Clutter" day. I'm going to clean out the guest rooms closets (which are now housing random boxes of crap), see what I can donate or salvage, then load up Shane's truck and head to goodwill.

Then, I'll take Hank for a run, come back and organize some more, and then just hang out with the husband. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment