CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The process has begun!

Today we met one last time with the builder before construction starts on the house! It was very exciting to see the blue-prints, pick out counter tops, cabinets, wall color, back splash, carpet, tiles, and all the fixings! They have already started leveling out the lot, and they will break ground on Monday! We close on February 5, 2011 which means in 3.5 months....we will FINALLY have a house!!

Also, for tonight's dinner we had "Crispy Ranch Chicken"
Recipe:
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 oz pkg ranch dressing mix 2 cups crispy rice cereal 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese 2 egg whites (beaten) 2 tablespoons light butter (optional)


The original directions say to "Mix rice cereal, ranch mix and parmesan cheese together in bowl. Dip chicken in egg whites, then in the cereal mixture to coat evenly. Arrange chicken on greased baking sheet. Bake until golden. 30 to 35 minutes."

However I made a mess up....I didn't have any rice cereal, so I used bread crumbs. I still added some parmesan cheese in it. & I mixed some milk in with the ranch mix. I made it into almost like a paste. I then dipped the chicken in the egg.....in the ranch "paste" then in the bread crumbs.





It was still super yummy! I served it with some roasted potatoes & veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment