CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 9, 2010

There's a first time for everything....



Our first post! Well..on this blog at least. I made one a few months ago but I forgot the password for it. So, i figured to start from scratch and make a new one.

Last August, Shane received and honorable discharge from the Marines. He took a job with a military contracting company in Texas. So that October we packed up his car and he drove from North Carolina coast to the Texas panhandle. I stayed back to sell our house and finish school. I moved to Texas in late January 2010. It's big a major culture shock and change of life. Lots of flat land, beef cattle, and snow. At first, I hated it.....however now I'm growing to like it.

Let me fill you in on the things that have happened since my move here:
Lots of snow!!
Rachel's Birthday Cruise    
My 21st Birthday!


Buying a new car
My mom visiting & us going horseback riding in Palo Duro Canyon
Starting a new school
Celebrating Daddy's 60th Birthday
Daddy's 6 yr battle with cancer is finally over.
Attending Daddy's funeral service.  The Welsh flag for a great Welsh man.
 


So a bit has happened since we moved out west. Texas is starting to feel more like home everyday. We are building a house, I'm going to finish school, apply to vet school (& hopefully get in), join the Army (& let them pay for vet school), and try to make the most out of my life & make my father proud of me.

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing i love it! i'm your follower :) love u cuz xx

    ReplyDelete