CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Accomplishments.

Yesterday, October 30th, I ran my first 5k. It was for the Panhandle Caner Cure Foundation and it is only the 2nd year they've had the race. The foundation  helps provide education, prevention, research and patient support to those affected by cancer in the Panhandle. The course had some hills and it was a little chilly, not what I'm used to. However, I finished in 37:21, 115th overall and 21st in my age group. I have another race on November 13th put on by the local Gold's Gym, then another on Thanksgiving Day. This running thing is kind of addicting.
My number tag & "In Memory Of.." tag
Another accomplishment? I get to cross something off my 101 things list. I am currently fostering two 3-4wkish old kittens. When I first got them last week, I was getting up with them every 3-4 hours to bottle feed them, stimulating them to make them go potty, cuddling them, and keeping them warm. They are super super cute! & no, Shane & I are not keeping them.The little girl, gray one, is feisty, talkative, and loves to beat up on her brother and already has a home. The little boy orange and white, is very chill, laid back, and doesn't mind getting a bath and will meet his possible new mommy and daddy on Monday. The only thing I'm asking of the new owners is that they have then spayed/neutered and get them vaccinated. 
Little man.
Little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment